Roof Maintenance & Restoration in Tampa
All of our maintenance plans are customized to each individual job.
At Imperial Roofing Contractor, we believe in educating our roofing customers about roof maintenance. Each of our roofing maintenance programs are tailored to the needs of the individual roof. Regular maintenance prolongs the life of your roof.
Shingle Roof Maintenance Issues:
- Avoid excessive walking or other traffic on your roof, particularly when it is hot. This will cause granular loss and can break down the protective coating of the shingles.
- Debris build up in the valley areas. We recommend having your roof inspected twice yearly especially if you have heavy tree coverage. Allowing debris to accumulate on your roof can shorten the life of your shingle roof.
- Keeping roof gutter clean. If you aren’t seeing water flow from your gutters when it rains it means that your gutters might be clogged. Clogged gutters lead to water back up and can cause the fascia boarding to start rotting.
- If you are seeing excessive granules on your driveway or in the gutters, your shingle roof is starting to loose its protective layers. The older the roof the more likely you will see granule loss.
- Chinking and caulking review will need to be done every year once your roof is 10 years or older.
- Never use pressure washing services on your Shingle roofing solution.
Common Metal Roof Maintenance Issues:
- Cleaning your metal roof
- Solvents and cleanser are not recommended for metal roofing as they can react with the finish.
Common Tile Roof Maintenance Issues:
- Do not have excessive walking or traffic on your roof. The least amount of traffic to your tile roof area will help ensure that tiles won’t be broken.
- Debris build up in the valley areas. We recommend having your roof inspected or reviewed twice yearly if you have heavy tree coverage.
- Keep roof gutter clean. If you aren’t seeing water flow from your gutters this means that your gutters might be clogged and the fascia boarding might start to rott out.
- Settling homes can effect your home’s tile protective barrier. Cracks can occur within the mortar, if these cracks are excessive additional sealant maybe needed.
- Trying to replace broken or missing tiles. With over 30 years of roofing experience, Imperial Roofing has an extensive selection of discontinued roofing tiles, giving them the ability to match older tile roofs.
Common Flat Roof Maintenance Issues:
- Every 5 years you should have the Flat roof inspected to ensure that your coating is strong. Without ongoing coating maintenance your roof may only last up to 10 years.
- Shrinkage can occur as your flat roof ages and its face deteriorates.
- Debris on a flat roof can shorten the life of your roof and cause ponding. In ponding, dammed up water flows against the natural flow pattern of the roof.