Trust always appears to be building or eroding — we hear of politicians losing the trust of voters, or an upstart internet company gaining trust with buyers. We seldom hear about a business that has decades of unwavering trust from the public. This is partly because a trustworthy company stirs no waters and makes no waves. When choosing a residential roofing contractor, how do you find the trustworthy Tampa roofers? By what criteria should you measure them to compare, and finally select a trusted partner to protect your home’s roof?
Begin by finding companies with roots in the area. See how they are connected to the community, giving back to local needs as well as serving customers. Trustworthy Tampa roofers will be happy to share local successes:
- Sponsoring local youth sports teams
- Participating in mission trips overseas
- Donating skills to roof buildings of local nonprofit organizations dedicated to helping our own citizens
- Staying involved in local educational institutions
Among trustworthy Tampa roofers, narrow your choices by looking at family businesses handed down from successful father to successful children. Looking only at local affiliates of larger, national companies leaves you at the mercy of a business too big to care about your “small job.”
Licensing, insurance and certifications can also be guides to finding trustworthy Tampa roofers.
- Licensing — You can look up any Florida contractor properly registered with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR); for example, Imperial Roofing Contractor holds license number CCC029597, from July 21, 1984 through August 31, 2018 (don’t worry — we will renew in time!).
- Insurance — Ask for evidence of workers’ compensation and liability insurance; both protect you from worker’s liens and lawsuits, should an employee get injured at your house
- Certifications — Ask your prospective trustworthy Tampa roofers for their professional certifications, such as Master Elite GAF Roofing Contractor, Duro-Last Premium Warranty Qualified and Master Contractor GAF Low Slope (all of which Imperial Roofing Contractor hold)
Nothing proves trust like photographic evidence. Ask the roofer for a portfolio of completed Tampa-area residences. Can you see before and after pictures? Ask for work done in the past year, and in styles similar to your home (tile, fiberglass asphalt shingle, metal).
You can definitely save yourself hours of searching by contacting us at Imperial Roofing Contractor. We are local, hold all the necessary paperwork and have a thick portfolio of proud achievements.